Thursday 13 January 2011

Pinned

Within the scope of my People and Portraits section, I was looking at the works of  Joe Miles and Harry Borden and had a mind to create a series of commercial images. The aim was to use commercial settings and colour, to contrast against the drabness of the background.


Using the above image I cropped it to ensure that the final image is set as an A3 document at 300 dpi

The next step is then to take a background copy layer to protect the original.

Following on from this I was not happy with the sliver 'stud' within the chest and decide to clone it out. I then created another copy layer and entitled it CROP as I was using this to crop out the stud.
Whilst the original aim was to create a contrasting image and the bright red against the grey background did contrast very nicely, I was curious to see how it would look in black and white. So I created a hue/saturation layer and removed the colour. I was pleased with the effect so decided to retain it as a black and white image.
The image looked a little flat and therefore I chose to add a Brightness/Contrast layer and adjusted it until such time as the image was where I wanted it to be.


Once I had done this, I wanted to exaggerate the light onto the model. To achieve this I applied a Gradient fill. This allowed me to darken the edges of the image and leave the centre, over the model, as light as possible. 

This allowed me to arrive at the image below, which is significantly different from the original.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Again very good added screen grabs!!
    you now need to focus onto any missing or weak criteria anywhere in your units (if there are any).
    Unit 211 needs to be finished very soon as well, as we discussed.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete