Monday 11 October 2010

5 Image Assignment

I was not at the original meeting when this was issued but have taken these photo's since. The majority of them fit the brief exactly (although you may have to look very hard to find the people in some) but there is an issue with the ISO1600 shot, which does not include a person. Anyway, here goes....

ISO 100: f32: shutter speed 1/160: Lens 55-200mm
With this particular photograph I was trying to emulate Jonathan Chritchley, with the blankness of the grey and the scale. The picture was taken on a grey, hazy, day when the sun came out briefly to really highlight certain areas. I like the reflection from the water on the sand, the smallness of the surfers and the blankness of the image.
There are a number of blemishes on the lens (spray) which would normally be removed in PSE and I may have lightened the whole picture, in reality. But I wanted to present the image with no adjustment or enhancement.

ISO 200: f6.3: shutter speed 1/250: Lens 55-200mm
With this picture I was concentrating on the 'lip-gloss applicator'! However, taken in front of the window on a sunny day, the natural light adds a very contrasting image. Taken with an aperture setting of  f6.3, the back of the image is blown out.

ISO 400: f7.1: shutter speed 1/8: Lens 18-55mm

Walking down the street, I noticed a 'traffic mirror' and decided to take this self portrait. In reality, I think that this image is a little dark, but to be honest, it was taken at about 7:00am and with the wind blowing a gale, I found it difficult to focus and to stand still long enough to obtain a steady image.

ISO 800: f11: shutter speed 1/5: lens 18-55mm
The colour in this image is especially pleasing. This vase was taken in a hotel lobby whilst waiting for a plane. Keeping the camera steady was the trick in this. I could have shot with a wider aperture, but this gave me the best and most vivid colour response.

ISO 1600: f10: shutter speed 6.0: Lens 18-55mm
At 6:45am on a Saturday morning in Lichfield you can often find the odd empty beer bottle or two. Using my tripod, I placed this bottle on a wall overlooking Stowe Pool (the Cathedral moat) and used the lights from various buildings and street lamps in the background to create more interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment