Thursday 14 October 2010

Wave Motion

Influenced by Jonathan Chritchley, I took the opportunity to get to the coast and to take some very early morning pictures of the sea. It had to be early in order to enable me to take long exposure of the water, but it had to be light enough to get some light reflecting off the rocks in order to create the contrast in the rock structures.

ISO100: f29: 1/25
This photo was taken with a very small aperture and a long exposure. This allows the water to blur and smooths out and flattens the harshness of the sea.
I tried to find the ideal spot and actually climbed onto some rocks, in order to gain the right view. Armed with my tripod to steady me I took a variety of photos, on continuous shooting, rather than tying to wait for the 'right' wave.
Timing is everything and whilst this was taken very early in the morning, already the  ambient light was getting too strong to allow me to continue taking long exposure photographs as the sun had actually come up over the horizon.
I will ultimately aim to crop this image and convert it to black and white in order to exaggerate the contrast.

The final picture

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    A blog which shows that you have worked in a very similar way to that of the photographer you looked at. It vital to show that you are adding value in a creative and informed manner.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete